The FLCCC Physicians
The Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance was created by highly published critical care specialists from major academic medical centers with collectively over 1,000 medical publications. Based on the rapidly emerging research into COVID-19, the early clinical experience in China reflected by the Shanghai expert commission, and their decades-long clinical and research experiences in severe infectious diseases around the country, the 5 experts developed the MATH+ Hospital Treatment Protocol for Covid-19. It is intended for use early in the hospitalization of patients presenting with states of respiratory distress requiring supplemental oxygen. These 5 have since been joined by an increasing number of hospitalist and ICU physicians who recognize the sound physiologic rationale, the emerging published research in support of the components, and the data demonstrating good clinical outcomes in hospitals that have adopted the treatment regimen.
Founding members / MATH+ developers
Paul E. Marik, M.D., FCCM, FCCP
- Endowed Professor of Medicine
- Chief, Div. of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- Eastern Virginia Medical School Norfolk, Virginia
Pierre Kory, M.D., M.P.A.
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialist
- Advocate Aurora Critical Care Service
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI
- Academic Appointment Pending
G. Umberto Meduri, M.D.
- Professor of Medicine
- Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
- Univ. of Tennessee Health Science Center Memphis, Tennessee
- Memphis V.A. Medical Center
Joseph Varon, M.D., FCCP, FCCM
- Professor of Acute & Continuing Care
- The University of Texas Health Science Center
- Chief of Staff & Chief of Critical Care
- United Memorial Medical Center, Houston, Texas
Jose Iglesias, D.O.
- Assoc. Prof., Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall
- Dept. of Nephrology & Critical Care / Community Medical Center
- Dept. of Nephrology, Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Neptune, New Jersey
Keith Berkowitz, M.D., M.B.A.
- Medical Director, Center for Balanced Health
- Voluntary Attending Physician, Lenox Hill Hosp. New York, New York
Howard Kornfeld, M.D.
- Board Certified: Emergency Med., Pain Med., Addiction Med.
- President, Pharmacology Policy Institute
- Clinical Faculty, Pain Fellowship Program,
Univ. of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine
- Founder & Medical Director, Recovery Without Walls
Mill Valley, California
Fred Wagshul, M.D.
- Pulmonologist & Med. Dir., Lung Center of America
- Clinical Instructor, Wright State University School of Medicine,
- Dayton, Ohio
Scott Mitchell, MRCS
- Associate Specialist
- Emergency Department
- Princess Elizabeth Hospital
- States of Guernsey
Eivind H. Vinjevoll, M.D.
- Senior Consultant Anesthesiologist
- Intensive Care, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesia
- Volda, Norway