The FLCCC Physicians
The Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance was created by highly published critical care specialists from major academic medical centers with collectively over 1,000 medical publications. Based on the rapidly emerging research into COVID-19, the early clinical experience in China reflected by the Shanghai expert commission, and their decades-long clinical and research experiences in severe infectious diseases around the country, the 5 experts developed the MATH+ Hospital Treatment Protocol for Covid-19. It is intended for use early in the hospitalization of patients presenting with states of respiratory distress requiring supplemental oxygen. In October 2020, after reviewing numerous new studies from around the world on the antiparasitic drug ivermectin’s use in prophyaxis and all stages of treatment for COVID-19, the team created the I-MASK+ protocol for prevention and early outpatient treatment. These 5 physicians have since been joined by an increasing number of hospitalist and ICU physicians who recognize the sound physiologic rationale, the emerging published research in support of the components, and the data demonstrating good clinical outcomes in hospitals and communities that have adopted the treatment regimen.
Founding members / MATH+ and I-MASK+ developers
G. Umberto Meduri, M.D.
- Professor of Medicine
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine and Research Services
Memphis V.A. Medical Center
- Curriculum Vitae – Dr. G. Umberto Meduri
Jose Iglesias, D.O.
- Assoc. Prof., Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall
- Dept. of Nephrology & Critical Care / Community Medical Center
- Dept. of Nephrology, Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Neptune, New Jersey
- Curriculum Vitae – Dr. Jose Iglesias
Howard Kornfeld, M.D.
- Board Certified: Emergency Med., Pain Med., Addiction Med.
- President, Pharmacology Policy Institute
- Clinical Faculty, Pain Fellowship Program,
Univ. of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine
- Founder & Medical Director, Recovery Without Walls
Mill Valley, California
- Curriculum Vitae – Dr. Howard Kornfeld
Scott Mitchell, MRCS
- Associate Specialist
- Emergency Department
- Princess Elizabeth Hospital
- States of Guernsey
Eivind H. Vinjevoll, M.D.
- Senior Consultant Anesthesiologist
- Intensive Care, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesia
- Volda, Norway