A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving fund administered by a third party such as a community foundation or financial institution. DAFs allow you to make a charitable contribution of cash, securities, or other assets to the fund, receive an immediate tax deduction, and then recommend grants from your DAF account over time to the nonprofits you wish to support.
A few things to know:
You can use your DAF to make a one-time or a recurring gift.
You will receive an acknowledgment for your gift, but not a charitable receipt for tax purposes. This is because it is your contribution to your donor-advised fund that is tax-deductible, not your distribution to FLCCC.
You can give anonymously to FLCCC via your DAF.
A few institutions providing DAF’s:
- Donors Trust: (703) 535-3563
- National Philanthropic Trust: (888) 878-7900
- Fidelity: (800) 262-6039
- Vanguard: (888) 383-4483
- Charles Schwab: (800) 746-6216
- BNY Mellon: (888) 213-7605
- How to recommend a DAF gift:
- Contact your DAF sponsor to request a grant distribution to Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance, Inc.
- FLCCC’s EIN is 85-2270146
- Our mailing address is: 2001 L Street NW, Suite 500 Washington, DC 20036