A veggie starter breakfast which is even more special when you grow your food!

• A veggie starter breakfast which is even more special when you grow your food!

Posted by kmorros on March 4, 2024 at 11:30 pm EST

We talked recently at our conference and during our weekly update about starting your day meal with a “veggie starter”. What makes this concept even more fun is growing and eating your own food. It doesn’t matter whether you have land to farm your own food or if you grow your produce in pots, it is possible to have space in your home to grow and nurture your own produce. Today is an example of what I grew in my own house. Although all of this is not grown in my home, I also like support and source my food from local businesses. The eggs and microgreens I bought from a local market yesterday. The sourdough bread is from my favorite local bakery. I am growing more vegetables in my hydroponic system. A few more months and I will have my first crops from these little plants. Meals are more fun when they are created with love and intention. Take time to enjoy and practice gratitude for the moments in the day when you can celebrate what you bring to your table. @sbremer @kcarman @flccc-eric

kmorros replied 2 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • max mccurry

March 5, 2024 at 6:05 am EST
    2 Activity Points
    20 Community Points

The best breakfast is to eat no breakfast.

• flccc-eric

March 5, 2024 at 11:50 am EST
      795 Activity Points
      1,660 Community Points

This is me. My stomach likes to sleep in.

• kmorros

March 6, 2024 at 10:06 am EST
      302 Activity Points
      625 Community Points

I eat breakfast between 11am-12 pm when I break my fast. You can still start your eating window with breakfast.😉

• flccc-eric

March 5, 2024 at 11:53 am EST
    795 Activity Points
    1,660 Community Points

I certainly approve of the eggs, especially if you collect them yourself! Bread is a mixed reaction, but we make our own bread with flour we grind ourselves. Your meals are extra delicious when you know exactly where they came from and invested your time and love into every ingredient.

• kmorros

March 6, 2024 at 10:08 am EST
      302 Activity Points
      625 Community Points

It is sourdough bread from a starter that is hundreds of years old from a local bakery. Sourdough bread is really healthy. It is not processed. It is “fermented” so it contains probiotics. Nothing wrong with eating it if you do not overdo it.