These leading critical care specialists at academic centers and major hospitals have formed the Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance (former Working Group). Based on available research, the experience in China reflected by the Shanghai expert commission, and their decades-long professional experiences in Intensive Care Units around the country, these experts have since developed the MATH+ Hospital Treatment Protocol for Covid-19 for patients presenting with low oxygen rates, breathing difficulties, or other symptoms of the disease in hospitals. The five critical care experts have since been joined by other physicians, who recognize the value of their protocol and are assisting in getting word of it out to help other doctors, hospitals, medical, and governmental officials save lives during this extraordinary pandemic. MATH+ is designed for use earlier in the disease course, as soon as a patient requires supplemental oxygen. The results achieved to date with this more aggressive treatment approach for COVID-19 have lead the group to predict that early adoption of MATH+ will reduce ICU admissions, obviate the need for mechanical ventilators, and most importantly, save the lives of many who would not likely survive on supportive care.
G. Umberto Meduri, M.D.
- Professor of Medicine
- Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
- Univ. of Tennessee Health Science Center Memphis, Tennessee
- Memphis V.A. Medical Center
Pierre Kory, M.D., M.P.A.
- Medical Director, Trauma & Life Support Center
- Critical Care Service Chief
- Associate Professor of Medicine Univ. of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health
Paul E. Marik, M.D., FCCM, FCCP
- Endowed Professor of Medicine
- Chief, Div. of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- Eastern Virginia Medical School Norfolk, Virginia
Jose Iglesias, D.O.
- Assoc. Prof., Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall
- Dept. of Nephrology & Critical Care / Community Medical Center
- Dept. of Nephrology, Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Neptune, New Jersey
Joseph Varon, M.D., FCCP, FCCM
- Professor of Acute & Continuing Care
- The University of Texas Health Science Center
- Chief of Staff & Chief of Critical Care
- United Memorial Medical Center, Houston, Texas
Eivind H. Vinjevoll, M.D.
- Senior Consultant Anesthesiologist
- Intensive Care, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesia
- Volda, Norway
Scott Mitchell, MRCS
- Associate Specialist
- Emergency Department
- Princess Elizabeth Hospital
- States of Guernsey
Keith Berkowitz, M.D., M.B.A.
- Medical Director, Center for Balanced Health
- Voluntary Attending Physician, Lenox Hill Hosp. New York, New York
Howard Kornfeld, M.D.
- Board Certified: Emergency Med., Pain Med., Addiction Med.
- President, Pharmacology Policy Institute
- Clinical Faculty, Pain Fellowship Program,
Univ. of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine
- Founder & Medical Director, Recovery Without Walls
Mill Valley, California
Fred Wagshul, M.D.
- Pulmonologist & Med. Dir., Lung Center of America
- Clinical Instructor, Wright State University School of Medicine,
- Dayton, Ohio